Friday, December 5, 2014

Book Report - Grade 3

Book Title and Author:
Tornado alert/ Franklyn M. Branly
Subject:
Tornadoes
Background Knowledge:
Tornadoes can wreck lots of things.
Caption for the illustration:
As Warm air moves upward it spins around or twists. That's why tornadoes are sometimes called twisters. Some people call them cyclones. The wind speed around the funnel of the tornado may read 300 miles an hour. No other wind on earth blows that fast.
The 3 most interesting things I learned...
1. Tornadoes can have a different color of funnel.
2. Most tornadoes occur in April, May and June.
3. Tornadoes  usually happen where there is a lot of flat land.
2 New words I leanred...
word: rapidly
definition: to do something fast
word: occur
definition: to happen somewhere.
A connection I made to the text:
This reminds me of when a tornado was where I live.
1 Question I still have...
Why do tornadoes have different size funnels

Star rating:
4/4 stars
explanation: This was really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment