Saturday, April 1, 2017

The Camp Trip - Grade 5

I had a blast this year, when we went to Camp Heartland.

One of the classes that we did was Tie Dye. That was where we Tie Dyed our own shirt. I loved this class because there were many different designs, like the swirl, stripes, and bullseye! I chose the swirl. We also chose our own colors and chose purple, green, and blue. We wore gloves so that we didn't make a mess. I loved the Tie Dye class and the way my shirt turned out.

Another class we did was CSI. CSI stands for Critter Scene Investigation. I learned about animal prints there. We used a book to match up clues and find out  what animals were doing. We even looked at scat! Lucky us, it was fake. I loved CSI and hope to investigate more animals!

The last class we did was Eco X-Stream. That was where we went into the Alum creek with nets and caught animals. Don't worry, though. We released them! Most of the animals we caught meant the creek was healthy. Too bad I didn't catch anything! I loved playing in the creek and it was my favorite class.

Next, I will tell you two activities that we did at camp. One of them was playing a HUGE game of dodgeball! There was music playing, and hundreds of balls flying all over the place. Whenever an announcer called "jailbreak" everyone got back in. It was exciting! I loved this activity.

The second activity was Dance night. That was the best! We did skits. Skits are little shows that include a joke that is hidden. I was in a skit called the Sneezing Soldier. That was where a soldier kept sneezing at the back of a lie of soldiers. We also watched as pictures/designs flashed off of a projector to decorate the dance floor and light it up. It was so much fun to dance! I loved dance night and wish I could do it again!

Last but not least, I will tell you advice for when you go to camp next year. Some advice is to pack lightly because you will have to carry your stuff into your cabin. You will get journals to write in and you should take time to write in them, so you don't have to work on them in school. Also, at least touch or pet animals in the nature center and don't be loud while you pet them. You might wake other animals! Also, the food is very good! Enjoy Camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment